Landscape - Travel - Scenic - Nature
From wilderness to Wine Country, coastlines to Canyonlands, since 1990 I have provided Editors, Art Directors and Graphic Designers with an eclectic variety of landscape, travel, scenic, historic and natural history photography from the diverse regions of California, Oregon, Nevada and Utah.
Illustration to Inspiration™
Whether you're looking for illustrative coverage of an editorial topic, enticing destination photos, or need inspiring, evocative images to convey your message, there's a great selection of quality color images from which to choose.
Great Images + Great Service
Besides great images, you get great service too. Need it yesterday? No problem! Joking aside, unless I'm out beyond technology's reach, you can expect quick replies to your inquiries. Although my job is creating photographs, my business is to be a trusted, reliable resource for your image needs.
I relish the challenge of shooting for specific client uses. On assignments I've covered a range of topics from red worm farming to remote and romantic inns, intimate backyard gardens to majestic National Parks for numerous publications including Backpacker, Sunset, Natural History, and The New York Times. (See the "On Assignment" gallery.)
Stock and Assignment Photography
by Tom Hallstein
- Browse Photo GalleriesSmall sets of stock photos grouped by topic or theme
- RequestOr inquire about image coverage, assignment work and photo licensing
- Lightbox ManagerOrder unwatermarked low-res images for comp use, email a box link or submit a license request
- Stock ListA comprehensive list of topics and places in the stock image collection
- Credits / ClientsWho uses Outsight photography?
- Mail ListSign up and stay informed about new coverage, travel plans, etc
- Contact OutsightCall, email or write